31 Oct Our 2018/2019 Annual report
Rachel Karalus, Chief Executive Officer, K’aute Pasifika Trust says this year has been one of celebration, quality improvement, consolidation and growth. Some of our new initiatives include:
- Tupu Aotearoa – an employment and training support service
- Gambling Harm Prevention and Reduction
- Introduction of a community finance officer from Vaka Tautua located in our office
- A pilot Samoan language course for beginners
- An initiative with MSD/Work and Income who have enabled a pacific case worker to work in our office
- The launch of the Waikato Pacific Network
Edgar Wilson, Chair of K’aute Pasifika Trust Board acknowledges the professional work of Rachel Karalus, Chief Executive Officer, Sarah Halliday, Operations Manager and staff.
“This is a time of significant development for K’aute Pasifika, with Hamilton City Council agreeing unanimously to progress the Reserve Act changes needed for the establishment of the Pan Pasifika Community Hub at Hinemoa Park. This is a major decision which leads itself into much more work before implementation.”
Mr Wilson extended his gratitude to the many organisations who have provided support through funding, donations and other services; Trust Waikato, the Department of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Youth Development, Hamilton City Council, Len Reynolds Trust, Ultrafast Fibre and JR McKenzie Trust, Bettle & Associates, WEL Networks and Wintec
He also welcomed two new board members Dean Viviani and Carissa McCay and the return of Desiree Ratima from sabbatical.